Killeen is a thriving city that lies about 55 miles north of Austin and approximately 125 miles southwest of Dallas. In 2020, the population of Killeen exceeded 153,000, increasing from just under 128,000 in 2010. Property owners and managers in Killeen who need asphalt paving, parking lot striping, asphalt repairs, parking lot signs, asphalt sealcoating, power washing, speed bump installation, or comprehensive parking lot maintenance programs can turn to JSC Asphalt Care for assistance.
What Is the History of Killeen, Texas?
In 1872, a small farming community sprang up just a few miles from the present location of Killeen. This community was named Palo Alto, and it sold 360 acres to the Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe Railway in 1881. The railroad platted a town on this land, naming it after the railway’s assistant general manager, Frank Killeen. Within three years, approximately 350 people resided in Killeen, many of whom recognized the advantages offered by the city’s railroad depot for shipping grain, cotton, and wool by rail. The town’s population more than doubled by 1900, but it remained a somewhat isolated and relatively small farm trade center until the 1940s. As part of the military buildup in World War II, Camp Hood was established near Killeen in 1942. Virtually overnight, the town’s economy shifted to meet the demands of the thousands of soldiers, construction workers, and laborers who were stationed at Camp Hood or worked there. Between 1940 and 1950, the population grew from 1,268 to 7,045. Camp Hood was renamed Fort Hood in 1950, and by 1960, Killeen’s population exceeded 23,300. Camp Hood played a major role in the training and testing of tank destroyers during World War II, but the camp was shut down in 1946, temporarily slowing the growth of Killeen. However, the city rebounded quickly after Camp Hood was given permanent status and renamed Fort Hood in 1950. In 2023, Fort Hood was renamed Fort Cavazos in honor of the Army’s first Hispanic to become a four-star general, native Texan Richard E. Cavazos.
What Services Does JSC Asphalt Care Offer in Killeen, Texas?
Our primary focus is on providing asphalt maintenance services to commercial clients in Central Texas, including the town of Killeen.
- Asphalt Paving, Killeen, TX: Whether you have an aged pavement that needs to be replaced, or you need a new pavement installed, we have the resources, knowledge, and experience to assist you.
- Asphalt Repair, Killeen, TX: The timely repair of alligator cracking, potholes, and similar damage can help prevent costlier repairs or the premature failure of your pavement.
- Asphalt Sealcoating, Killeen, TX: Sealcoating is the most cost-effective method of preventing damage to your pavement while simultaneously enhancing its appearance and extending its longevity.
- Parking Lot Signs, Killeen, TX: Proper signage is essential for maintaining order in your parking lot as well as complying with federal laws and local codes.
- Parking Lot Striping, Killeen, TX: Striping and marking your parking is an essential part of complying with the ADA, maintaining an orderly environment, and providing guidance to drivers and pedestrians.
- Parking Lot Maintenance, Killeen, TX: A customized parking lot maintenance plan helps ensure that your pavement receives the services it needs, including asphalt sealcoating, asphalt repairs, and power washing.
- Power Washing, Killeen, TX: Removing vehicle fluids, grime, and corrosive chemicals can protect your pavement from damage and improve its appearance.
- Speed Bump Installation, Killeen, TX: Speed bumps can discourage drivers from operating their vehicles recklessly, which can help keep pedestrians safer
If you need any of the above services, contact JSC Asphalt Care. We are an experienced, veteran-owned paving maintenance company with a reputation for ensuring customer satisfaction, providing exceptional workmanship, and charging reasonable rates. Whether you need asphalt sealcoating, asphalt repairs, asphalt paving, parking lot striping, speed bump installation, parking lot signs, power washing, or a parking lot maintenance plan, we can help. To request a free quote, call 512-653-6526, email Info@JSCAsphaltCare.com, or fill out our online form.